Beginning Fractions Overview
Beginning Fractions: Let's Share! uses an easy-to-understand animated format to introduce students to the basics of common fractions (1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc.), while providing interactive practice exercises in a familiar online game setting.
With Beginning Fractions: Lets's Share! teaches students:
- What numerators and denominators are and how they work together.
- How to represent fractional parts of a whole.
- How to represent fractional parts of a group.
- How to compare fractions with the same denominator.
- How to compare fractions with the same numerator.
- How to apply fractions to problem situations.
Interactive lessons walk students through examples of basic fractions, explaining each new concept with simple terminology geared toward young learners. Interactive practice exercises and printable worksheets reinforce each set of new concepts to aid in student retention and build confidence in their new skills. Additionally, the practice exercises include built-in hints the student can click on to help solve each problem.
Beginning Fractions: Let's Share! is a fully interactive learning environment. The features of the course include:
- Step-by-step lessons with the ability to replay each explanation as many times as needed.
- Interactive practice exercises designed for a self-paced review and evaluation, with clickable helpful hints for each problem.
- Printable worksheets to provide additional practice.